“Jason Bourne” Sweepstakes Official Rules
Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won. No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
The “Jason Bourne” (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Pacific Theaters Exhibition Corp., d/b/a ArcLight Cinemas ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes is governed by these official rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Sweepstakes are final in all respects. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
The Sweepstakes begins on 7/28/2016 at 8:00 AM PST and ends on 8/19/2016 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of California, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
Minors (17 years of age or younger): In order to submit an entry or be awarded a prize, the entrant must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian and each entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and sign the necessary affidavit of eligibility and publicity release form.
Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its co-sponsors, and its agents, consultants, and immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and persons living in the same household are not eligible to win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility.
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants entering on-line must have Internet access and a valid e-mail address. Entrants must also have a valid Facebook page, Twitter page, and/or Instagram page prior to 7/28/2016 to be eligible to enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, follow the instructions below, which are also available on the giveaway website at https://www.arclightcinemas.com/en/news/jason-bourne-hashtag-contest (the “Sweepstakes Website”) and follow the instructions provided to submit an entry on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Each entrant must complete the online entry form in full by:
- Take a picture of your Jason Bourne experience
- This can include a selfie, a picture of you (and friends) inside the theater, or a photo of your ticket and/or concessions
- Post your image on social media to your Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account
- Every photo entry must include the hashtag #BourneAtArcLight
Online entries submitted through the Sweepstakes Website in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No photocopied, mechanically reproduced, telephoned, faxed, emailed or mailed entries will be accepted. Entries must be received by 8/19/2016 at 11:59 PM PST to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- The entrant needs to set their privacy settings on so that his or her entry photograph may be viewed by the public. Failure to do so may result in the disqualification of the entry photograph from the Contest.
- The entrant is defined as the person who is the authorized account holder and completed the act of entering and submitting the photograph through his or her account and tagged the entry photograph as indicated above. Only the entrant may be eligible to win the Prize. Any other person or subject in the photograph will not be eligible for the Prize unless he or she is deemed the entrant.
- Each entrant must comply with all Contest eligibility and photograph requirements as set forth in these Official Rules. Regardless of how an entrant enters the Contest, he or she may be required to provide his or her first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number, email address, date of birth, name of the subject(s) in the photograph, the entrant’s confirmation that he or she has the rights to submit the photograph, that the photograph entry complies with the photograph requirements, and the entrant’s confirmation to abide by the Official Rules.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, and/or any other platform. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Sponsor has no affiliation with the aforementioned social platforms and has no responsibility for or control of any matters relating to those accounts. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest and should be directed to Sponsor, not the
- Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the Contest, the Contest entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not contain or depict any obscene, unlawful, defamatory, sexually explicit, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The photograph must not have been previously or currently entered in any competition or contest or won any award prior and the photograph must not have been previously published or otherwise exhibited.
- The photograph must not contain any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation.
- The photograph must not include materials, including but not limited to quotations, logos, trademarks, artwork or products or brand names belonging to or copyrighted by third parties, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The photograph must not invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or that otherwise infringes upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sold and absolute discretion.
- Each entrant represents and warrants that he or she has obtained the permission of any other person who has contributed to the photograph, and that each of these persons has granted the entrant the rights described in these Official Rules.
- Photograph entries are void if the Sponsor determines in its sole and absolute discretion that the photograph is not an original or if the entries are obtained through fraud or theft.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
After submitting the entry form, you will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt. Sponsor has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, invalid, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices will be disqualified. Any individual who attempts or encourages the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities or uses any devices or artifice to enter or encourage multiple or false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry information will be declared submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. By entering, entrants agree that the Sponsor is not responsible for (i) any injury or damages to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any materials for the Sweepstakes; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection, miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or (iii) late, lost, damaged, misdirected entries or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Ten (10) total prize(s) to be awarded.
Movie night for two!
Sponsor makes no warranties, representations or guarantees relative to any prize, and disclaims all liability for the provision, use, quality or nature of any third party product or service provided to the prize winner. Prize winner is responsible for all taxes resulting from acceptance and use of the prize, and all costs and expenses not specified as part of the prize. Except for the prize values, prize winner will not receive any additional monetary compensation or acknowledgement for participation in the Sweepstakes, any advertisement or other material.
Ten (10) prize winner(s) will be randomly selected on or about 8/19/2016 12:00 PM PST from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winner will be notified on the Facebook post, Twitter post, or Instagram post. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within one week of notification, that potential winner may be disqualified. Upon the request of Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form. If a potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, that potential winner will be disqualified. The prize may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received.
Prizes are non-transferable except by Sponsor and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. No substitution or cash equivalent of a prize is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value. No winner is entitled to the difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or official rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, the distribution of the prize, or shipping/pickup of the prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of the Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if the Sweepstakes cannot be operated as planned or should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or impair the administration, security or proper play of this Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue or cancel the Sweepstakes and select a winner from the eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation that have not been compromised. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. The Sponsor and any telephone network or service providers are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any web site or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES) WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, RELIANCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THAT ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE ACCEPTANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE THAT MAY BE WON, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR, OR SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT, AFFILIATE AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE AND ALL OTHER ELEMENTS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE AND ALL OTHER ELEMENTS OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SPONSOR AND SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AVAILABILITY AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY ELEMENT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
PUBLICITY/USE OF INFORMATION
By participating, each entrant (or the parent or guardian of such entrant (as applicable), grants Sponsor and its affiliates permission to use his/her name, likeness, or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. Personal information collected from entrants during the Sweepstakes is subject to Sponsor’s privacy statement available at https://www.arclightcinemas.com/learn-more/privacy-policy/ and, except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules, will be treated in accordance with the terms of that statement. Sponsor may engage certain third party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and information provided by entrants may be collected and used by those third parties for purposes of administration of the Sweepstakes and the fulfillment and verification of prize awards.
The winners name(s) may be requested by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: ArcLight, Attn: “Jason Bourne” Sweepstakes Winner's List, 120 N. Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048. Requests must be postmarked by 6/8/2016.